I saved the 30 day tutorial, I'll finish them up. Along with start generating some more creative writing to work on my 100 Tales.
The problem I've faced here is a lack of time and motivation. Motivation because neither of the other 2 people I recruited to do the 30 day crash course have done it with me, and time because I've been swamped with work, reading (The Xanth series I probably didn't mention on my Livejournal either because I haven't had the time or motivation to update much either), personal issues (you got a glimpse of those in the previous post but that is NOT even the tip of the iceberg), and double-minded apartment hunting. (I want it, my parents don't. I sort of don't when I think about how much money I save but then I look at how miserable my summer has been and I think...hey no, screw the financial aspect, I want an apartment).
These inner ramblings and confusions have caused me to stop updating my Livejournal, and I hope t pick up the pace once classes start and I actually have things to post about. Summer would have just been me whining about how I've had no contact with friends, no drinking, no partying, no freedom, and no fun.
Thats not entirely accurate - I had the month in India but I am excluding that from my classifications of summer. That was vacation. Vacation was amazing. Summer was the boring part that didn't end.
It was really just wake up. Work. Come home, eat. Sleep. Rinse, repeat. Boring, but there you have it, I've updated you all on my summer.
Now that thats over, we can talk about the books and tv shows I've recently found myself interested in.
1. Books - The Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony. Simply AMAZING. Can't stop raving about them, will maybe post individual book reviews or focus on them more in depth in a later post.
2. TV Shows - I've found myself an avid fan of Suits, and also discovered The Lying Game (It has 2 or 3 episodes so far). Suits is hardcore corporate lawyer action (yay, future me?) and The Lying Game is slightly teen romantic mystery with a thrillingly dangerous edge. It involves twins, switching places, and lots of secrets. Made by the creators of Pretty Little Liars so why am I not surprised?
3. I tried watching Wilfred, it was amusing and entertaining but it wasn't compelling enough to watch religiously. Its one of those shows that if I'm REALLY bored, have caught up with everything else, and don't have any extremely pressing assignments, I'll watch an episode of. In the end, I think the concept of a dog that looks like a human in a dog outfit, smokes weed, and acts like an asshole is just really weird. REALLY REALLY WEIRD.
4. I'm anticipating that one tv show about the new girl who moves in with 3 roommates, all of whom are attracted to her. Unless one is gay, which means he will obviously fall into the best friend stereotype. Iunno, but it starts soon and I'll give the pilot a shot :D
5. Glee and Fringe will be starting up again soon I hope! Really excited about that, especially since Fringe left off at SUCH a cliffhanger. So much torture, waiting for them, seriously. Glee, I'm really just looking forward to the new songs they cover, not the exaggerated teen high school drama or the highly unrealistic high school teacher vendetta wars.
I also have tons of homework due next week! Nothing says welcome to Junior Year like HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS
That right there is homework for the next week. Instead of keeping the weekly assignments on this livejournal, I've moved them over to my blogspot. That way, I can use this place for creative writing and for blogging. Leave all the stressful homework on the other blog that I'll update weekly.
And now, since it is 3:10 AM, I've lost a best friend, and I have an apartment to go look at tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to end this post right here. Good night, sweet dreams <3